Guest Tutorial #68
Levels in Xara Picture Editor (XPE)
©2007 Paul Söderholm
The basics of Levels can be found in the XPE Help menu, and has also been introduced in The Xara Xone Workbook 55 and in the last Guest Tutorial 67 by Sally M. Bode. In this tutorial I
will try to take XPE Levels to the next level (sorry for the wordplay - it's a bit lame but completely intentional :-)
I do lot of photo retouching in my work at a local newspaper and as Adobe Photoshop is the de facto standard software I cannot help comparing XPE levels with the tool in Photoshop. I
often try to simulate my Photoshop workflow when I retouch photos in Xara Xtreme Pro.
In this tutorial the only tool used used in XPE is the Levels tool!
Click here to download a ZIP file with the 3 images used in this tutorial so you can work along with the tutorials. The images used are from www.morguefile.com/ a free stock photo archive,
You are probably aware of Xara Xtreme but have you downloaded Xara Xtreme Pro? All the tutorials in this Workbook are done in Xtreme Pro, so if you don't have it, get it now.
Click here to download your FREE trial version
or to upgrade to Xara Xtreme Pro today!
- Xara Graphics Studio Xara's three most popular products in one irresistible bundle. Xara
Graphic Studio contains Xara Xtreme, Xara-3D 6 and Webstyle 4. This bundle will save you a bundle!
- Xara Menu Maker Create professional graphical NavBars and DHTML menus in an instant
with Xara Menu Maker - no technical or design skills required. (And Xara does all of the heavy lifting!)
- Xara Webstyle 4 Everyone can make quality web graphics with Xara Webstyle,
whatever your skill level. From banner ads to complete web pages, simply customize the templates.
- Xara Screenmaker 3D A 3D screensaver maker that's fast, fun and easy to use. Create
animated 3D text or tumbling picture cube screensavers. (This application will make you a hero in your office or home. And it is embarrassingly inexpensive!)
- Xara 3D-6 Xara 3D is the Number 1 tool for creating stunning, professional-quality 3D
web graphics. See why for yourself. You can use a 3D program and drive yourself nuts trying to figure out all that X Y and Z axis nonsense, or you can make your life easy (and fun) with Xara 3D. It's up to you.
- Xara 3D Heading Maker Add this great interactive tool to your web site and let your visitors make 3D graphics online.
- Xara Online Web pages stand out with Xara Online's state-of-the-art web page add
-ons. Choose graphics, text and photo effects, or advanced applications, all fully-customizable and on your site in minutes.
- BuyFonts.Com All designers need fonts - get yours for as little as $2 US. Question: Is
life a contest to see how few fonts you can use? With low prices and high quality fonts that you get at BuyFonts.com, do you need to ask?
©2007 Gary W. Priester, All rights reserved. No portion of this publication,
including the illustrations contained within, may be reproduced in any way
without the express written permission of the author.